Applications > III-Vs
Airbridges use air as the dielectric between two conductors to extend the operating frequency. Fabricating microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) where airbridges or cantilevers are required has been done for many years using polymethylglutarimide (PMGI) as a sacrificial release layer.
- Spin-coatable from 10nm to 6µm in a single coat
- No intermixing with imaging resist
- High thermal stability <300 C (Tg~189C)
- Strippable in NMP, DMSO and aqueous-based developers
- Resistant to conventional semiconductor solvents
- Excellent adhesion to various substrates